Flat Plans.

I originally modeled my contents page from the pop magazine We Love Pop. There was something very appealing about having a large amount of pictures on the contents page. I stuck with this to an extent, but upon putting the contents page together, I realized that it didn’t look right or go with the genre to mimic what i had seen from We Love Pop. So although I did stick with the idea of having a lot of pictures on my contents page, I had to do some rearranging. However I stuck to the foundation. So everything on my flat plan was on my final contents.


I think I can say that I successfully stuck to my original ideas for my front cover. I went with the "hidden artist" that was on the Eminem edition of Rolling stone, but at the same time, had all the information on the cover that We Love Pop had. I didn’t take anything away from my original plan, but I did do some adding to it. I added banners, and strips of colour to create a more modern magazine look. Again I did give myself a job to do, as I didn’t really think of the effects that would go on my front cover. So it wasn’t that designing the cover took a long time, It was the editing effects.



As for the double page spread I can say it changed a lot from the flat plan. I wanted to have my featured artist in the middle, but having spoken to a lot of other people, I realised it would not be a good idea as my artist would be in the fold of the magazine. I also wanted my artist holding his own pull quote, but after creating the cover and the contents, I felt that it didn’t take the magazine in the same direction that the cover and contents was taking it. Other than that, I didn’t really have too many ideas for my double page spread, because it was the last thing I worked on, I just played on where the cover and contents was already going.

No comments:

Post a Comment